I love using brushes to apply my makeup as I feel that they give a fuller, more airbrushed finish. I have amassed a whole range of brushes and blenders but if I had to narrow it down, my favourite everyday beauty brushes would be these (from left-right):
- Tarte: The Buffer Airbrush Finish Bamboo Brush: a brush made from sustainably harvested bamboo might sound like the last thing you want to drag across your face but this brush is SO soft and has kept this beautiful softness for over 10 washes now! It’s lovely and big with medium density so I love using this if I need to speedily apply my foundation.
- bareMinerals: Precision Face Brush: fabulously dense, this brush works really well with both liquid and powder foundations to achieve a full coverage foundation. This is the one I use most mornings to apply foundation and to buff away any harsh contour lines.
- bareMinerals: Shade & Diffuse Eyeshadow Brush: this bareMinerals brush launched in May this year and I love using it for applying concealer, especially over any blemishes. It is soft and fluffy, meaning that it applies liquid concealer over a spot in a natural, non-obvious way. I then use the same brush to apply a setting powder over the top without dislodging too much makeup.
- bareMinerals: Full Flawless Face Brush: Big, loose and fluffy – the mama for applying any sort of loose powder across the whole face! Also washes really well.
- Real Techniques: Contour Brush: I got this from the Real Techniques Core Collection a couple of years ago now and would highly recommend this kit for anyone looking for their first brushes as it is affordable and the brushes have lasted so well – even after God knows how many washes they still keep their shape and softness without losing any hairs! This soft, medium sized brush is great for both applying and blending bronzer, blusher and highlighter.
- Real Techniques: Buffing Brush: Another brush from the Core Collection, this fab buffing brush is great at applying any powders as well as blending makeup together on the face.
- bareMinerals: The Blender: I LOVE this brush! As part of the eye brush collection it is great at blending eyeshadow together but I also love it for applying concealer in a soft-focus way, similar to the Shade & Diffuse Eyeshadow brush. Obsessed.
- Beauty Blender: I love a Beauty Blender for applying liquid brightening products, especially under the eye and on the high points of the face. It’s also fab at creating a super full coverage with liquid foundation, just make sure you dampen it a little first for best results.
And that’s it! What are your favourite makeup brushes?